Each month the society publishes a monthly newsletter, which is mailed to all society members. Contents of the newsletter include the latest society news and events, trees in profile, and much more.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WRITE FOR THE TREE SOCIETY NEWSLETTER – TREE LIFE?
We always need more articles!
If so, here are a few guidelines:
- A good article can be anywhere between half and a full page, although sometimes list of trees will make it longer.
- Please write using Arial 12 font so that it matches all the others.
- If it is an article about a Tree Society outing it needs to tell a story, because just a list of tree names can be boring to read.Start by describing the venue and the members who were there, then go on to how the outing took place and end with a final paragraph about how the day went, thanks to the property owners, organisers, etc.
- Check all botanical tree names on Google.Type the name in and if you have spelt it incorrectly, it will say ‘do you mean….’ and give you the right spelling which you can copy and paste into your article, changing the font once it is in.
- If you can, include three to four pictures of the group or the trees you saw with the written section. Breaking up the writing with pictures makes an article more interesting. Pictures should not be more than about 300KB each and should have no writing on them.
- Send a message on the ‘Contact Us’ page of the website, leaving your email address and phone number so the Tree Life editor can email you and you can submit the article.
More back issues coming soon.